f Second Generation Connection: Our New Place

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Our New Place

Susan and I this past summer finally were able to achieve a goal that we had been persuing for the last five years. We finally found a house in the Boston area. The town is an extremely difficult to buy in because houses rarely come on the market and when they do there is often a competive bidding session involved. Fortunately for us we had an excellent Real Estate agent who literally knew exactly what we wanted and only showed us those types of properties. In the past five years she showed us perhaps five properties. We learned that selling and buying a house is much more complicated then buying or constructing your first house. We moved back in May of this year. For approximately two weeks we owned two house and three mortgages. It was a very fun time :-) I am being sarcastic here. It was perhaps the most anxious few months we have had in our lives as a family. The bottom line is we were able to make the move happen successfully. I have included some pictures here of the house.










garage of the house

front of the house

back of the house

After seeing the pictures of the new house, you are probably asking yourselves why in the world would anyone move out of a new house in to an older, more expensive house that needed fixing up? The main drivers behind the move were our kids education. The educational system in the town is excellent. We are also in a really nice location in town. We are in downtown within walking distance of the train and the local stores and restaurants. But we still have our privacy because we are on an acre of land. The town has a town pool, community center, recreational center, library and park system. We feel very fortunate to have been able to find and get this place. We are thankful.

We moved back in April of this year my mom, dad, Tony, Susan's sister Kristen and her husband Dan all helped us move. It was a two weekend moving event, a 1 month packing event and the unpacking event is still ongoing. Everyone worked their butt off that weekend my parents and family reminded me of how hard they are willing to work to help others in the family. It reminded me of when were growing up and everybody in the family had a job to do and everyone did it. There was no complaining, we just got it done with the overall purpose of making the family successfull. This is definitely one of the values I think all of us have in common. Work together to make our family successfull.

So I am not the only one with a new place! Tina and Suzy also have new places I would love to hear about them! So please share on the responses to this post... otherwise I feel like nobody is even reading this thing.

In future postings I hope to share more of our values and examples of them. I personally find that reminding myself of them keeps me stronger and focused. I hope it does the same for you. Also give me some feedback on the postings and I will write more about what people like and less of what people don't like.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home