f Second Generation Connection: Another Day of Rest (Monday)

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Another Day of Rest (Monday)


Of course a visit to Portugal isn’t complete unless you get chased by Dog. Seems like my previous visit when I got bid by a PD ( Portuguese Dog) I have always been catious about getting bid by another dog. As we walked around Gouveia on this day. I of course was the one who got chased by a PD. This is the nick name my kids have given Portuguese Dogs. Portuguese Dogs are a mix of many dogs and have very good survival skills. They are street smart and do have a pack mentality when you get many of them together. Many of them run around on the streets. You have to be watchful of all of them especially the one’s without a collar. We didn’t want to go too far today because we have a long trip planned for Tuesday were we are going to see Obidos on the way to Lisboa. I had promised my wife that I would take her to see the Lusitano horses at the Palacio at Queluz in Sintra. I had made reservations at the hotel suggested by Mr Mimossa, near the airport at the 2nd Rotunda. In the afternoon Tia Arora, Tio and Emelia and here husband and daughter came to visit. Tia Aurora is the sweetest person you would ever meet. She reminds me a lot of Avo Dos Anjos. Susan said that she wants to have Tia Aurora as her grandmother since Susan never really got to know here grandmother. Tia Aurora and her daughter Emelia took care of me when I was a baby. We had visited her in Figueiro Da Serrra the week before. She showed us her house It was really nice having her and her family visit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home