f Second Generation Connection: Balance

Saturday, July 05, 2008

Balance

Some people criticize the French for not having a strong work ethic. Being there recently I think it isn't that they don't have strong work ethic. I think they have a greater understanding of life and how valuable time is. I think the reason they have this appreciation is because all around you all you see are things that are hundreds and hundreds of years old. These very old things remind you how you will be long gone very quickly and these other things will remain for many more generations of people that will live and occupy these buildings, parks, churches and streets. So when it comes to certain things they likely ask themselves the question.. is this really that important in the realm of things. Often I would expect the answer would likely be no even for items like work. People in Europe don't live to work. They work to live. Something I should remind myself of. I have one more thing I work for to educate my kids some day ;-) Here are a few of the pictures I took while in France.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home