f Second Generation Connection: Feels Like Christmas

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Feels Like Christmas


This past Friday I awaited the UPS man like a little kid waiting for Santa to show up Christmas Eve night. I finally got my new camera after a failed first attempt. My first order was "DENIED" by my credit card company because the charge was done over the phone and was suspect. The camera company gave my camera to someone else who was waiting for a camera too. I ended up putting my pre-order in at Amazon and was told that the camera wouldn't show up until may. Well SURPRISE! It shipped out this past Wednesday and arrived Friday. I no longer have any lame excuses for my poor photos. I went for a walk this morning at Coolidge reservation. At the highest point in the reservation there was a group of pine trees. The pine cones reminded of the stages of life. The youngest pine cones were bright brown. The older ones were further in the tree and grey. The oldest ones had fallen to the ground to become seeds for the next generation of pine trees. It rained at dusk. The sun poked beneath the rain clouds to make this rainbow.

5 Comments:

Blogger saloia said...

very pretty, Carlos!
looks like the camera is working..
did you get my messages?

4:48 PM  
Blogger saloia said...

oh and I linked you in my blog!
finallly...and I love the pictures from the portuguese feast...reminds me of the ones I used to go to!
:)
be well

4:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am very happy that you got the camera that you have always wanted. Now you can be our personal photagrapher! MARIA

9:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carlos I loved the pictures and the analogy about the pine cones and stages of life, very perceptive!

Love
Tia Cila

7:06 PM  
Blogger Carlos said...

Thank you all very much!

2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home