Traveling For Work -Movie Recommendation
I was traveling this past week in North Carolina. It was 79 degrees F there yesterday. Back home tonight it is 18 degrees F. It felt good to be in an office close to my work team and with great weather! I actually thought for a short moment that it would be great to move down there. But deep down I know that although some things would be better other things that are more important to me would make me feel worse. Things like being away from my family. I feel lucky to be able to drive to see them when I miss them. Well at least for the family that is in the states. My uncles and aunts and cousins in Brazil, Portugal and Canada are too far to see on a moments notice. I hope all of you are doing well!
It seems even friends that are within driving distance are difficult to see on a moments notice. Life gets more complex and scheduled as you get older. It requires more advanced planning to see your friends. My friend John called me last week to coordinate a Homecoming reunion for October of this year so that everyone can get it scheduled. It has been a while since my friends and I have seen each other. When we get together it is like we were together just the other day. We share stories of the great times we have had together. We share what life is like now as parents for some of us. We think to ourselves how time flies by like the blur of guard along the side of road as you drive along the road of life. I am probably feeling sentimental because I just saw a great movie called Elizabethtown. I highly recommend it. It has a great message about balancing work and life and keeping a perspective on how you measure success in life! Something I wish I could do better at.
It seems even friends that are within driving distance are difficult to see on a moments notice. Life gets more complex and scheduled as you get older. It requires more advanced planning to see your friends. My friend John called me last week to coordinate a Homecoming reunion for October of this year so that everyone can get it scheduled. It has been a while since my friends and I have seen each other. When we get together it is like we were together just the other day. We share stories of the great times we have had together. We share what life is like now as parents for some of us. We think to ourselves how time flies by like the blur of guard along the side of road as you drive along the road of life. I am probably feeling sentimental because I just saw a great movie called Elizabethtown. I highly recommend it. It has a great message about balancing work and life and keeping a perspective on how you measure success in life! Something I wish I could do better at.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home