f Second Generation Connection: Northeast International Auto Show

Monday, January 30, 2006

Northeast International Auto Show

We went to visit the Avo and Avo this weekend. I didn't get a chance to speak with the folks over the last couple of weeks because of travelling. It was nice to catch up. After lunch Tony, Marie, Susan, the kids and I went to Northeast Car Show

Here is an example of how small RI is. I ran into some old high school friends that I hadn't see in a long time. Sue and Freddy Gomes. Everytime I see old friends I am reminded of past fun times and how fast time keeps flying by. Most of my long time friends fall into 2 camps. Those that went on to a four year college and married later in life and those that didn't or went to a 2 year technical school and married very early. Freddy and Sue were one of the first couples to get married amongst my friends. It was nice to see them.

The car show was pretty good. The only thing that prevented it from being great is that Porsche, BMW and Audi didn't attend the show. This was Susan's first car show and she enjoyed it. Every year Tony and I walk through the domestic car companies floor space and say the samething. When will the American car companies finally figure out how to make cars like the Toyota, Nissan or Volkswagon. Here is a tip GM take the interior and exterior styling from any one of the German car companies and combine it with the quality and ride of any of the Japanese Cars and you will have a winner! Instead they just keeping creating more and more cars with cheap plastic interiors with doors that rattle instead of thump when they close. And with performance that simply can't compete with Japanese car companies. It is pretty depressing to see GM on the verge of bankruptcy.

My father's first car and my first car was a brand new Chevrolet Camaro. My first family car was a Dodge Caravan. However my last 2 cars have been foreign made because the family cars and commuting cars that Detroit has to offer simply can't compete with the price and performance foreign car companies offer.

Car show favoriates:
Coolest New SUV - Toyota RAV4
Coolest Most Affordable Car - Scion Tc
My wishfull most likely next commuting car - Volvo S40 T5 All Wheel Drive
My most likely next commuting car - Nissan Altima

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home