
We stopped by the graveyard today on the way home from Susan's mom's house. Susan suggested I take a picture of the statue pointing to the sky. I took that shot and then some others of the grave stone monuments. Many of these are from the 1800's. Many of the gravestones had American flags next to them. The flags identify the people who have served in the military for this great country. The flags are placed by the gravestones by retired veterans. Afterward our visit, I went out to a Trustees of the Reservation property at sunset. While I was walking I came across about a dozen deer and a wild turkey. You can see the deer in some one of the pictures. As we age become like our parents and our parents become like our grandparents. These stages in life come faster than you expect. It seems as though life accelerates as you get older. I think more and more about making the most of the time I have on this earth as I get older.
This song by U2 often helps me keep life in perspective.




1 Comments:
sounds creepy but american graveyards are "interesting"...and beautiful and sad...
Post a Comment
<< Home