Marathon Family Parties

It has been a difficult 4 months. And during those 4 months I haven't had the strength to write. Now that I am feeling better I have to catch up on some of the important events that happened. The first was my father's retirement party. We had a party for him that reminded me of the parties I remembered going to when I was a kid. They would start at 2 and never end. You would eat first lunch and then desert. Sit around talk, laugh and play with the other kids. Lots of screaming and yelling. Usually one of the uncles or avo's would fall asleep on the couch. Then came second lunch this was usually later in the evening. And of course second desert with some coffee. Even after all that eating there would always be too much food especially deserts left over. Everyone would always end up bringing a desert plate home. Marathon family parties are a tradition.
A big thanks to my brother and Maria for hosting the retirement party. My brother and I are very thankful to my aunt and uncle for catering the party. Also to the entire family for giving my dad some very special gifts. Thanks to my dad for working so hard his entire life and being smart enough to be able provide for what his family needed.

2 Comments:
How nice :)
glad to see you are feeling better.
congratulations to your Dad and may he enjoy his much deserved retirement.
Mary
Congratulations! Hope he enjoys his retirement.
I live 6 hours away by plane but just got back this morning from visiting my family. We had a couple of the marathon family parties and one of them was my daughter's 2 years old party.
Meanwhile, saloia is at this moment driving my mother up to her house (she also just returned from America after a long visit).
I do hope you are feeling better.
Post a Comment
<< Home