Fidelity Investments Jumper Classic 2007
I was lucky enough to help a family friend photograph the Fidelity Investments Jumper Classic. This is a horse jumping event that has a grand prize of $75,000. I was pretty nervous about getting into the field with the riders and horses. With time and help I figured out how to shoot horses in a jumping event. The track is walked by the riders before the event. The jumps are marked with numbers and have a red and white flag so you know which way to enter the jump. The jumps without red and white flags are the ones that aren't being used. I planted myself next to one of the jumps that weren't being used and took over 150 shots. Their up on my flickr account if you are interested in seeing more. Here are some the better ones below. The ground would shake as the horses would come running by. The cadence of their deep reverberating breathing would match their strides.





2 Comments:
Wow, that is sooo cool! You should buy your wife one of those big pretty "hases"! She clearly deserves it and I hear she's awesome!!!!!
I am starting a new fund raiser called "Buy my wife a horse fund" I am accepting donations.
Post a Comment
<< Home