f Second Generation Connection: Summer Veggies

Friday, August 08, 2008

Summer Veggies


Growing up I use to love when my parents would cook these incredibly fresh tasting meals. They would use all the vegetables from the gardens and even the seafood they got from the beach. As you ate you could actually taste the difference between food that was bought in the store versus the fresh food from the gardens. It really hard to describe only after you have experienced it could you understand. The smells and the tastes were simply great. They still continue to have an incredible garden, we just live to far away to enjoy their vegetables. Finding time to create a similar garden is really difficult. Yet another thing my parents were able to achieve that I wasn't. Yeah I know maybe if I spent less time on hobbies like blogging and photography I would be able to do it. I am making a mid year's resolution. Next year we will have a garden. I have just made it one of my goals. In the meantime we will enjoy the vegetables from the co-op farm that we belong too. Here is a shot of the vegetables we got there about 2 weeks ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home