f Second Generation Connection: Work is Part of Life

Friday, September 18, 2009

Work is Part of Life

Recently through work I got some mentors that are vice presidents. They asked me to tell them about my work history. I looked back at the jobs I have had over my career. I have had relatively few jobs after I graduated from college. When I thought back earlier in my life, I realized how many more jobs I have had. College internships as a surveyor, summer college jobs as an engineer, working during high school as a dishwasher at a nursing home, clerk at a supermarket, meat market and aerosol can factory. Man there is a lot of work and jobs in life and you start young. I was probably 13 when I first started working. I am so proud of our kids because our kids have started working without anyone really asking them to. The desire to work is in them. My son has started cutting the grass. He looks like a big guy pushing that mower around. My wife claims he cuts the grass better than I do. I have to agree. My daughter has pulled her resume together and got a baby sitting job. She got the job herself without her mother or I pushing her or helping her. Our kids make us both proud and thankful to have such great hard working kids.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home