f Second Generation Connection: It's Been Such a Long Time

Saturday, April 15, 2006

It's Been Such a Long Time

After dinner tonight, I went out to take some photo's at night. Cruising in the Murano with Guided By Voices playing loud on the Bose stereo and the windows wide open. It brought me back to those Friday nights in high school when I use to go out cruising with my friends in my friends old Duster! We would drive down to Newport to hang out. I remember being in the back seat of the car with Boston playing on the stereo. The stereo was so loud you couldn't hear yourself singing. Not a worry on your mind, completely caught up in the moment. Feeling good that the weekend and the good weather had arrived. So for a fleeting moment I had that great feeling tonight as I was driving to the place where I wanted to take some photos.

Of course just like when I was in high school, I got approached by the police asking me what I was doing pulled over by the side of the road. I told him I was taking pictures of the power plant smoke stacks. He asked why? How the hell am I suppose to respond to that. I thought.. "Well because I wanted an excuse to get out of the house and feel like I did when I was younger"... mmm no. I didn't think it was a good idea to say that. He probably would have arrested me on the spot. I told him "for art". Yes I know what you are thinking sounds kind of fruity. But hey a technical guy needs some sort of creative outlet. Since there isn't a whole heck of a lot of creativity happening at work. The police man then said that after 9/11 you are no longer allowed to take pictures of power plants. I didn't know that. I had already taken 2 pictures before he showed up. So I got in my car and headed up.

Anyways here is the picture of the water way. I wasn't taking a picture of the power plant. It just happened to be in the distance background. I have a secret photography goal that I will not share with you until I meet my goal. This photo was one of first pictures that I have ever taken at night.

1 Comments:

Blogger saloia said...

:) great story keep clicking!

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home