Visting College Friends at Watch Hill


Take a break and go! Go visit your friends or family. That is what we did this Wednesday. I took a vacation day and went with my family to visit Michael, Tina, John and their kids. They were spending some time vacationing at Watch Hill. We had awesome weather and great time! We did some boogie boarding, swiming and sand castle building. And of course Michael and Tina treated us to a great Italian dinner on the patio overlooking the sunset! My wife had the great idea for the adults to eat on the porch and all the kids had to sit inside.
The types of beaches you go to change as you get older. This beach is perfect for family and kids. Waves are just the right size for the kids... and there weren't too many outrageous bikini's. Notice that didn't say none. There was this one guy wearing one of those European men's bikini's that didn't phase me.. but I think was getting all the ladies worked up. It was nice seeing Michael, Tina, John and their kids.
Here are some pictures including some that I took on the ride home. My wife was kind enough to be the designated driver.

To see the rest of the photos I took go here

3 Comments:
Tina, Anthony, Lucca, Francesca and I wanted to thank your Family for taking the time to come down to Watch Hill to enjoy some time with us. We had so much fun. We don't want to wait too long to do it again. Gomsie, Zack and Jack were back for their second annual Watch Hill escape day. The kids really enjoyed themselves and Anthony found a new love! My favorite part was strolling through the town and out to the light house.
Watching the kids interact with each other was amazing. I kept thinking how; if they only new the history (20 years) that their parents share, they would be blown away. Some stories will have to wait. Seeing old college friends for me is like we picked up from the last time we saw each other and so on.
Tina really enjoyed Sue's visit. To quote her "I think Sue is a freakin riot". She loves her perspective on raising children and on raising Carlos! I think all the people who enjoy this blogspot, also enjoy "raising Carlos" -- for he's a jolly good fellow.
We couldn't have ended the day better. We had dinner on the back porch over looking the Yacht Club and Harbor. It reminded me of days at URI at one of the many beach houses we had. Better food and kids were the icing on the cake.
We hope the ride home wasn't too long and we are looking forward to the possibility of a ski weekend. God Bless you all!
P.S. we only were able to see the three pictures. Is there a link for more pictures or am I just computer illiterate?
Hi Michael, Thanks for stopping by and making another great day that we can reminisce. Here are the pictures from the day.
Post a Comment
<< Home