f Second Generation Connection: Searching for some magical light.

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Searching for some magical light.

One of the things I am quickly learning about photography is how important light is to taking a decent photograph. Beautiful photos give a deceiving impression that they are easy to create. I am learning how difficult it is to capture a photo that is worth keeping forget about admiring. Light, composition (what you are photographing and what you leave in or take out), shape, line, color pattern all contribute to how pleasing a photograph is. Trying to figure out the camera setting to capture all of these can be tricky. The creative experience doesn't end after you take the picture either. The digital image is then processed or cropped further to get you the desired affect. Anyway there is a lot to it. I suspect you can tell how good of a photographer you are based on the percentage of shots you would consider keepers... If you leave it all to chance you may not end up with many keepers. I am working on my shooting average! I am embarrassed to share what it is. But I am starting to get some that I like. I went out last night to Boston to do some city photography. The David Matthews Band and Cheryl Crow were playing at Fenway. I started out on Memorial drive by MIT and then walked to Fenway and back. I ran into Marc's sister and law / Cheryl's wife. She was going out for a evening walk along the Charles River with her baby. Small world hey? You can see all the photos I took on Flickr. Here a few of my favorites: I guess real photographers name their photos so suggestions are welcome.

1 Comments:

Blogger saloia said...

They are wonderful images, Carlos. Sometimes we just have to not think so much about it, yeah and just trust the eyes and emotions. I definitely see a progression.

8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home