Reality Television
I was travelling this past week at a conference. We went out one evening to a theme park. The tour bus picked us up at the hotel and brought us to the park. On the way there I was reminded of the time I took a tour bus on a trip long ago. Shortly after I graduated college I visited Portugal in the month of June. I wanted to go to Paris to visit a college friend while I was on vacation. I went to the travel agent at the airport to book a round trip train ticket from Lisbon to Paris. The travel agent suggested that I simply book a one way train ticket to Paris and then book another to return. I said no. I preferred to buy a round trip ticket. She insisted I buy a one way ticket. She explained that it would provide me more flexibility when I returned. So I bought the one way ticket. A few days before I was to return to Portugal I went to the Paris train station to buy my return ticket. The travel agent told me that there weren't any train seats available to Portugal for the next 3 weeks in June because all of the Portuguese immigrants in France were returning to Portugal for their vacation. My only option was to take a 24 hour bus ride from Paris to Lisbon. Reality is sometime difficult to determine when travelling in Portugal. It certainly is a beautiful country with some beautiful people but just like other countries there are some dishonest people you have to watch out for. I took this shot with my old camera while travelling on the bus. I titled this photo "reality television". Notice everyone watching themselves on Television or at least their reflection.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home