Sounds of Summer

I was hanging out on our back screened porch watching the kids playing in the new inflatable pool. As I was listening to their giggling and splashing, I thought to myself that summer is here. I began to think of all the other sounds that remind me of summer.
- The sounds of waves breaking on the beach and then flowing back to the sea.
- The wizzing noise of the fan as it creates a breeze to relieve the heat.
- The vibrating plastic casing on the air conditioner as it compresses and pushes the cooling liquid through all the cooling coils. The AC struggles to cool our bedroom at night.
- The screaming and laughing of the kids as they spray each other down with the garden hose.
- The buzzing sound of Cicadas on those really hot days. I had to search the web this evening to figure out the name of that bug.
- The ringing bell of the ice cream man as he drives through your neighborhood and the kids chase the truck!
Many of these sounds remind me of how much fun it was to be a kid in the summer. Do you have any sounds that remind you of summer? I hope all of you enjoy your summer!

2 Comments:
I miss the sound of the whizzing fan! I can't remember the last time I heard one since it's never really that hot here to need one.
CICADAS!!!!!
i love those bugs....yeah for summer
Post a Comment
<< Home