f Second Generation Connection: Homecoming 2006

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Homecoming 2006


A friends and family URI homecoming. I always wondered when we would again go to homecoming after all of us grew up and became "adults". Well this past weekend we celebrated an old URI tradition of homecoming. Unlike past homecoming where the celebrations pretty much kept us in the tailgate area we actually went to the game. We also decided to go in style. Thanks to hank we were able to book Suite no 1 in the Ryan Center. Although URI lost, the kids were able to have fun. The kids even did some pumpkin painting. After the game, We had our own football game right on the URI football field. Lou, Mike, Hank and Tony had fun playing against the kids. I was the sports photographer that took all the pictures. After the game, we got to show our kids where all of us went to college. During the tour my son told me he wanted to go to school there. It was a really beautiful and relaxing day spending time with some great friends. When I got home my daughter told me that I had some nice friends and family. I have to agree! I am very thankfull for them. Credit and thanks goes out to Tony for taking this photo. He is becoming a better photographer than me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carlos said it all! We had such a relaxing and enjoyable time at homecoming. The kids had so much fun and love to visit with their Rhode Island family. It is still amazing to me that you spend only 4 years with a group of individuals and you create a bond that lasts a lifetime. Go RHODY!
Can't wait to do it again.
Mike Riccio

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home