f Second Generation Connection: URI UConn Game

Friday, September 01, 2006

URI UConn Game

A great way to end the summer is with your college friends at a college football game. The total number of friends that showed up for the event was small but those that did turn out had a blast!! Hank, Michael and I were the troopers that made it out on a Thursday night to see the game. Thanks to our wonderfull wives for being supportive of letting college friends get together occassionally to stay young at heart!

When I first got there I didn't even have a ticket. Hank got on the phone and hooked me and Michael up with Presidential Suite tickets. We got to sit and watch the game with the URI president. Before the game we tailgated at the URI alumni tent. Check out more of the pictures here.

We all had a great time at the game. I haven't laughed this hard since the last time I saw my college friends earlier this summer. The kind of laughing that hurts and you have to ask your friends to stop kidding around because you can't take it. There were a variety of topics that caused this level of fun. Including Michael's story about how he got back at one of his friend's with a practical joke. He put a newspaper add in the Hartford paper advertising free monkeys to whoever called his friends Cell phone.

We crashed back at Michael's house after the game. I hope the kids like the Rescue Heros!!!

Just to give Paul L, John K, and the other URI alumni that didn't make out to the game some added incentive to join us for the next event, here is the picture of us with the URI Cheerleaders. Were we that young looking in college??? Crazy!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carlos, of course those that live the farthest away make it to the game.....what a blast even if it was just me, you and Mike. It's good times like these that make memories. Good thing I made that call when I did! :) Nothing like getting friends up to watch the game with the Pres! Great pictures.....oh yea, don't forget to enlarge and frame that one for me...ha, was that guy a joke or what!? I'll get an extra set of my pictures for you. Thanks for the DVD. AWESOME job. Now get ready for a sequel as I pull some of my pictures. Time to work something for URI Homecoming 2006! I'll be in touch!

9:25 PM  
Blogger Carlos said...

It was a great time! Thanks for visiting.

10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home