f Second Generation Connection: Great Accomplishments

Friday, August 15, 2008

Great Accomplishments


I think I will remember the 2008 Olympics not for the athletic events that happened in Bejing but rather for what happen in New Hampshire. Our son has attended Ramp Camp this summer and last summer. In each camp they have a competition to see who could do the best skate board trick, BMX bike trick and Rollerblade trick for the week in camp. My son won for best skater out of 50 kids in camp that week. What makes it especially rewarding for him is that it was his peers that voted him the best skater. After the event he told me 2 years ago he thought about him being the one having his picture in the Camp with the Big Winners hat. 2 Years later and countless hours of practice he has accomplished his goal. I wish I was there to see it but I was at work. It reminded me of all the special moments that led up this achievement each day over the past 2 years. Where he accomplished new tricks each week. Like doing his first kick flip on the rug with his board without wheels and then with the real board on concrete. He was so excited he fell to the ground rolling around with excitement. Or the time he jumped 4 stairs and landed it and punched his fist in the air. Makes all the work of being a father and mother so much worth it! My daughter is a champ too. She also has been doing really well with gymnastics. She won hardest worker 2 years in a row in her camp. It is a testament to her personality!

2 Comments:

Blogger mds.007 said...

The dude's gnarly! :-)

11:08 AM  
Blogger Carlos said...

HEHEHEHE :-) thanks for visiting M!

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home