f Second Generation Connection: Bad Karma

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Bad Karma


Per wikipedia "Through the law of karma, the effects of all deeds actively create past, present, and future experiences" I think the law of Karma is negatively ingrained in George's of Galilee. After our trip to Block Island we decided to stop and get some clam cakes and chowder at Aunt Carries. Unfortunately Aunt Carries was closed for the season. It was too bad, because earlier in the summer my son and I went to there after a day at the beach with the family and the food was really good.

So we instead decided to go back to Galilee to George's. When we got there the experience immediately was negative. The waitress said that there was a over a 1 hour wait to be seated and served. She suggested the take out window downstairs. We go to the take out Window and no one is there and 2 people are waiting in the hall. We decide to wait. The clerk finally comes and asks what we want to eat. We give her our order and it comes to $28. I pay using a credit card. She gives me a credit card receipt. We continue to wait for 45 minutes. At this point people who have ordered after me have gotten their food. I ask the clerk if our order was ready. Turns out she couldn't find it. I tell here what I ordered and I show her my credit card receipt. She comes back 10 minutes later with the manager but no food. Another 3 people got their food in the meantime. Then she goes on to tell me that I didn't order the all the food I said. I told her listen either give me my food or give me my money back. She storms off comes back 10 mins later but without my dozen clam cakes. I tell her again give me my food, give me my money back or show me my receipt. She finally comes back with my dozen clam cakes. It took 1 and 1/2 hours.

This is the third time and final time in my life that I will ever go to that restaurant again. The other 2 times were also bad experiences. Including my brother getting a 3rd degree burn on his stomach, when the chowder cover slipped off the bowl and spilled in his lap in the car.

So that place has some serious bad Karma. So bad that it has even infected my blog with bad Karma as a result of doing this post. Avoid the bad Karma and don't go to George's of Galilee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home