Some free career advice.
Oh no.. is it that time again??? No job is worth staying at if you hate it. There are plenty of ways out there to make a living where you can be reasonably content. I spent 4 months looking for a job pretty much every spare moment I had because I hated the one I had.
My second cent of the the free 2 cents of advice I am giving. Kids and mortgages actually reduce your options because there is only so much risk you can take with your career when you have a family to feed and shelter. Consider making a living for yourself as an entrepreneur doing something you love that people would pay you for. Now is the time to try it assuming you don't have any kids yet.
Reach out to others that have "been there done that" with their careers. That includes those who have made mistakes and had somesuccesses in different industries.
Also consider going back to your college. Many colleges offer their alumni personality exams that can suggest certain fields/jobs based on your profile. They might even be able to place you in a job.
I have switched careers 3 times each time for the better.. and I never know when I ll be forced to again. Resume Career Web sites and contacts have worked well for me.
My second cent of the the free 2 cents of advice I am giving. Kids and mortgages actually reduce your options because there is only so much risk you can take with your career when you have a family to feed and shelter. Consider making a living for yourself as an entrepreneur doing something you love that people would pay you for. Now is the time to try it assuming you don't have any kids yet.
Reach out to others that have "been there done that" with their careers. That includes those who have made mistakes and had somesuccesses in different industries.
Also consider going back to your college. Many colleges offer their alumni personality exams that can suggest certain fields/jobs based on your profile. They might even be able to place you in a job.
I have switched careers 3 times each time for the better.. and I never know when I ll be forced to again. Resume Career Web sites and contacts have worked well for me.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home