Block Island Weekend



We got to spend a fun weekend with our college friends and their families. We listened to some old REM, U2, Squeeze, Elvis Costello. We had some nice dinners with good wine. We even got to do some fishing and clamming. My son even learned how to cast. He told me how he enjoys fishing. Mike's son caught an eel. I recalled the special times I use to have going fishing with my parents and family. We would go fishing almost every weekend in the summer. I realized that this was really the first time that I have gone fishing with my son. I think I know what Santa is bringing this Christmas.
We even talked the girls into having a bonn fire on the beach at sunset. Mike did a great job on the assembly line getting the Graham Crackers, chocolate and melted marshmallows. Susan survived a marshmallow stick incident getting poked in the eye by accident. The accident made me realize how I have no desire to be that far away from medical help. Amazing how much more of a challenge everything is when you live on an Island. Imagine trying to buy furniture for a house. You have to ship it on the ferry to get to your house.. You name it, it has to go on the ferry. On the last day we even learned how that includes shipping the trash off the Island. We went to the island transfer station and it even had a nice view of the ocean.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home