f Second Generation Connection: Avo's House For Dinner

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Avo's House For Dinner

We went to visit Avo and Avo and have dinner today. As usual the kids complained about having to sit in the car for the one hour and 15 minute trip. Once they get to Avo's house, they were happy I made them go. Tony, Maria, Megan, Catarina, Amos, Deborah and Carolina also came to dinner. My mother as you all know is a very good cook. Even my dad is pretty good. What a spread she had today. Like most portuguese meals she had several different dishes. Each one tasting delicious. Avo's meals often include fresh vegetables from their huge vegetable garden in their back yard. Today's meal included egg and flour battered string beans from the garden. The last batch of grean beans frmo this year's harvest, my mom told us. These green beans are the kid's and Susan's favoriate, really I think they are everyone's favoriate. We picked up Apples and an apple pie from Phantom's Farms. The Apples are in season now. The pie was still hot from the oven when we bought it. The desert, as american as Apple Pie, finished off a truely Portuguese American meal.

Sharing family dinners is one of my family values. They allow me to spend some time with my family, eat some great food and re-energize my body and soul.

Just to make sure I keep you guys coming back to my blog, I picked up some really nice old pictures of the family. I certainly know that my writing alone won't be enough. My hope is that we actually get some sort of dialog going on. If not it is ok. As long as you do check in occassionally to see how everyone is doing. I scanned the photos in when we got home tonight. One of them included a black and white photo of me in portugal, that I am now using for my profile photo. I was about 3 years old when it was taken. I hope you like the pictures. Let me know what you think of them.

The Cousins Circa 1980


Tio Agusto's House - Circa 1980


Avo Quim - Circa 1970


What may have been my passport picture to come to the US - 1969


The back of my picture sent to my dad when he was in Africa
You can see the date on the picture.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tony Ferreira said...

http://thehousingbubble2.blogspot.com/

9:45 PM  
Blogger Tony Ferreira said...

http://antonioaferreira.blogspot.com/

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home