f Second Generation Connection: Montreal Anyone?

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Montreal Anyone?

I was looking forward to sharing some great stories with you after spending this upcoming weekend in Montreal. We were planning a reunion trip with all my bachelor party friends to revisit the place where we spent a weekend celebrating my transition from bachelorhood to married life. Unfortunately one of my friends changed plans at the last minute because he thought we were switching the weekend we were going to another weekend. Why does it seem that it is always extremely difficult to find the time to get together with friends? I understand that there are family commitments. However given that the opportunities to get together with friends come so infrequently, you should do what you can to make it happen. I find that meeting with old friends helps you feel young again. It is fun to recall old times and experiences you have shared together, some you may have completely forgoten. Each friend contributes part of the story you have forgoten until it is whole again in your memory. Reflecting back on the past or seeing an old friend you haven't seen in many years reminds you of where you have been and how far you have come. It reminds you of how short life is but at the same time reassures you that your day to day worries are just that. Here today and replaced with others tomorrow. In the end you move forward in life regardless of the day to day worries. There is a guy at work that strives to fit in as many opportunities to enjoy life every day. I admire that. Each day you don't do something with, is a day you have lost. SO DO SOMETHING! A family value I have is "Strive to make each day count".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home