Rhode Island Born!
So goes the song that we chant every year and every time we get together. This weekend was simply awesome. Thanks to Michael and his family for an awesome dinner and beautiful place to stay in Watch Hill.
Of course there are always the bumps in the road that makes life interesting with a family... A four hour car ride to get to Watch Hill that included a little throw up. A morning emergency to attend to a minor cut. Thank God for Moms!! None of that could stop us from going to homecoming.
The kids are starting to learn the song. Here are the lyrics.
"I am Rhode Island Born and Rhode Island Bread and when I die I will be Rhode Island Dead. So go go Rhode Island. Go Go Rhode Island. Go Rhode Island. U. R. I.!!!!"
My son said Dad I want to go to school here as we drove through campus on the way home.
Here is the group photo from this years event. Thanks Hank for making it happen and getting the Nardone Suite 6!!!

You can see the rest on my Flickr account.
Of course there are always the bumps in the road that makes life interesting with a family... A four hour car ride to get to Watch Hill that included a little throw up. A morning emergency to attend to a minor cut. Thank God for Moms!! None of that could stop us from going to homecoming.
The kids are starting to learn the song. Here are the lyrics.
"I am Rhode Island Born and Rhode Island Bread and when I die I will be Rhode Island Dead. So go go Rhode Island. Go Go Rhode Island. Go Rhode Island. U. R. I.!!!!"
My son said Dad I want to go to school here as we drove through campus on the way home.
Here is the group photo from this years event. Thanks Hank for making it happen and getting the Nardone Suite 6!!!

You can see the rest on my Flickr account.

3 Comments:
Thank you to the Ferreira's for coming down to Watch Hill this weekend. We had a great time in a short time. I like nothing better than sharing a good meal with Great Friends. Anthony cried when Ethan and Julia left and all day on Sunday, Lucca wanted to go see them. As always, we had a great time at Homecoming! Once a year just never seems enough and its over in a flash. We spoke about a ski weekend, let's make it happen. We will also be planning a LARGE reunuion at URI in 2009. ---Mike Riccio
As always a GREAT time with URI Friends and Family! What a tradition we have started. Glad we could again all get together. With lives always so hectic and coordinating schedules of folks spread out so much it is always fun when we can make these type of events happen. The Nardone's would love to participate in a Winter event so keep us posted! GO RHODY!
----The Nardone's
It was an AWESOME time!! URI Homecoming tradition is a blessing. This will guarantee that Lou will get to see his college buddies once a year and I get to see everyone as well. I truly feel like a part of the URI clan even though I did not attend.
Can't wait until next year!!!
Carlos, great pictures!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home