f Second Generation Connection: Time for Celebrations

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Time for Celebrations


There are many reasons to celebrate or in other words party!!! This Friday was Michael's surprise birthday party! It was lots of fun to see friends I hadn't seen in a long time. Of course every time you get friends together you always reminisce. One of the these we remembered was past parties. It is funny because each of us recall a story that one of the others had forgotten all about. But as the story of old times is told, you slowly begin to recall all those fun parties and details you had forgotten about. In a couple of cases some details you in fact wished you could forget too. Each of us contributes a piece of the story until it is complete. One of the memories was spurred on by this photo that Michael gave me. I had taken it on the trip that he and I had done to California. It was the first time I had been there. The sun was setting and Michael asked me to snap a picture as he jumped into the air. I think the picture captures a sense of unstoppable youth and optimism.

Here is the list of parties we recalled:
-John and Hank's house at Bonnet Shores where someone bit someone else.
-A convenience store visit that almost ended in a fight.. and yes Mike was the instigator.
-Good party gone bad when Michael brings back 3 just recently released ACI inmates to a party after going out to get ice at the convenience store.
-A rated R visit to Spats.
-A Spuds Mackanzie graduation party.
-I know you just got your wisdom teeth out but don't be a wouse about it party.
-A drink water shots party while one person is drinking the real thing.
-A I ll puke on your car party.

Happy Birthday Michael!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home