f Second Generation Connection: Being Trendy Is A Good Thing Sometimes.

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Being Trendy Is A Good Thing Sometimes.

Seems like the "Cool" thing to do lately is be green. People seem to be more aware of our environment and the impact they are having on it. I think this year is the "Green" year for our family. It started by getting the "Green" car of the year that gets over 40MPG on the highway. My wife is planting a fenced in garden so we can grow our own organic vegetables. The local organic co-op we joined last year didn't really work out. So Susan decided to make a garden.I will be posting a picture of Susan's garden tomorrow. We also have begun mulching our leaves and our garbage. We got our trash down to 1 barrel per week and recycle the remaining plastic and paper goods. The other green thing we did is reuse our rescued dog.

I think my parents were green even before it was the cool thing to do. They never owned an 8 cylinder engine car or truck. They always had a garden their entire lives. They always shut the lights off to conserve energy because they didn't want to pay a huge electric bill.

I think the economy is helping everyone get green again. So it OK to be trendy if a good thing comes from it.. Although as far as my daughter is concerned it still doesn't make me cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home